New member's say Hello in here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rodntod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member's say Hello in here
    Posted: 24 September 2017 at 12:53pm
Get the pics up!! and welcome Thumbs Up

Ed
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
scunnerd25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scunnerd25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 10:30pm
Hi everyone just saying hello .Just got my t25 back on the road after a year
minnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote minnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 8:15pm
hi ned sent you a pm 
Jammin Dubtails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jammin Dubtails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 1:08pm
Thanks Gayle :), sad Nick is no longer around, he was a nice friendly chap. FB page joined, look forward to meeting up...
Just Jam Fir Nooo
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:12am
Also, welcome to the forum Mark from Largs!
Highly medicated for the safety of the masses
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:10am
Welcome to the forum! The guy in Evans cycles would be Nick who is no longer in the club and no longer has awesome dreads.
If you keep an eye on the for sale section and also join our Facebook page if you can, you may have luck getting a van. I know where there is one that's going to be for sale but it does need welding.
See you at club night!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jammin Dubtails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:41pm
P.P.S. Which one of you lovely peeps owns the yellow ish karmann ghia with a phat exhaust, had lovely long dreads and gave us great discounts in evans cycles @ xscape??

Oh and of course biscuits shall be brought to the next meet i can make! With Jam in ;D!

Just Jam Fir Nooo

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jammin Dubtails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:34pm
Hi,

Im not an alchoholic but have a problem buying any other vehicle than a VW.

I blame my first car a sporty puggy 205 tdi whos engine blew up twice, once fried, once boiled. Only because i was young and nieve enough to drive like a deranged moron then try and replace the engine myself...

Since then I have had a mk2 golf, audi a2, 54 VW Beetle convertible (the ex-wifes), 06 T5 and learned to drive in my parents passat estate (bad move for 15 . turn), another passat i drove into a stone cliff, they had a polo, golf plus and a lovely T2 orange bay when we where kids which they sold for 100 squid, doh. Guess what cars my bro and sis drive...... VW!

I frickin love beetles since seeing herbie, but not owned one yet :( (but my brother did before i was old enough to drive grrrr). I have a very useful 06 T5 window van which I want to convert before I die and have a mission to find a T2 bay for my soon to be 77 yr old mother who has a dream...

Can anyone here help???

:) 
Ben

P.S. If anyone can help I have skills in traditional boatbuilding, serious, happy to trade!! 
Just Jam Fir Nooo
Lamo82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lamo82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:05pm
HI,

Just a quick post to say Hi, joined the forum today. I have a '16 T6 Transporter converted to camper.

Cheers,

Mark L
Ned em View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ned em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 10:42pm
Will do,thanks
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 10:38pm
Welcome Ned. If you look in the recommended tradesmen section there are a few guys on there that are recommended :)
Ned em View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ned em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 1:17pm
Hi I,m Ned,just joined the forum as I have recently bought a vw beach buggy project and I need a bit of help with identifying what goes where. I have worked on other classic classic cars in the past but never a vw. I live in Ayr and it would be good if someone near me could pop by and give me a few pointers would be very much spreciated, thanks
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:03pm
Hi dougster, anyone that brings biscuits is always welcome :)
shiz5 View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shiz5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 10:23am
Looking forward to the millionaire shortbread and of course meeting you too lol
shirely and alan thomson
Dougster View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dougster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 9:44am
I'm coming along to my first meet tonight as a new member and bringing a box of mini millionaire shortbreads, yum yum! Looking forward to meeting you all.Smile
The Dougster
Pork n Cheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pork n Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 9:58am
I plan to Gayle, might get some stuff done today, not a lot to date but will give some specs and couple more photos of what stage it is at now.
Archie.
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 9:33am
I love that! Please start a restoration thread and fill it with pictures :)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pork n Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 6:26am

The Thing, not a real 'thing' as known to VW, but a prototype built in the Algarve that never made it into commercial run, so a one off, just started full body off nut and bolt, finding out what was used and maybe change a few things on the re build.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pork n Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 5:57am
Hi folks just joined, although living in Portugal I am originally from the West of Scotland and had a buggy way back when they were not so popular, in the 70's in the Lanark area, after the past 15 years in Brazil where I had buggies again, and it was really fun owing and driving over there, I am now living in Portugal and have just now bought a Thing, I will post some photos when I find out where to stick these.
No doubt I will be on asking questions during the restoration of the thing, trying to work out just what it is made up from, but for now just hello to all.
gryan39 View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member

Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gryan39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:29pm
Welcome 👍
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2017 at 10:54am
Welcome to the club :)
Lallybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lallybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 6:55pm
Hi Everyone!
New member here.
I have a 1975 1303 Bettle. Had her for 15 years and been off the road since 2003.
Target is to get her back on the road for April. Needs a little TLC!
Thanks for adding me to the forum!
Hugo A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hugo A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 10:46am
Cheers
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 9:54am
Welcome back Hugo :)
shiz5 View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shiz5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 7:18am
Hi. Spoke to Nicky my stepson and he is going to have s look at it generator for you.   

Shiz5
shirely and alan thomson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>