West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > West of Scotland VW Club Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New member's say Hello in here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mckie93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member's say Hello in here
    Posted: 27 March 2017 at 4:03pm
hi new to forum just a message to say hi 

BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:45pm
Thought I'd add this as a place for all new members to come and say hi, post pics of your vehicles and generally get to know the current members.

I seem to have failed at the first hurdle, as the post I moved here was posted before I made this, that one is now at the top. You'll all just have to pretend the first 2 posts are the other way around.

Ben.

Edited by Bengould - 27 March 2017 at 7:49pm
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by mckie93

hi new to forum just a message to say hi 

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Ben
Rado B View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rado B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 8:45pm
Glad you know what you're doing Ben 😂 haha. Yip welcome to the forum mckie93
Bobby
Smokin'
mckie93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mckie93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:00am
thanks guys 

gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:16am
Welcome! What do you drive?
Highly medicated for the safety of the masses
mckie93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mckie93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:50am
mk4 1.9gttdi 110 

Clairep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clairep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 2:24pm
Hi folks
Getting a beetle again on Friday after 20 years - can't wait !
New T25 Owner :-)
iainfire1962 View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iainfire1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 2:46pm
Hi there, I joined a short while ago and have posted on New member New van. Thought I'd follow protocol and say hello.
[/IMG]
1974 T2 1600 manual- Mouse Grey beneath Pearl White
Hi, my name is H.A.L.
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:04am
Hi there, just dropping a hello from a newbee 😀
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:38am
Welcome to the forum :)
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:12pm
Hey, thanks. Quick q, is this the group that meet at mcd"s at breahead?
rodntod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:23pm
Yes indeedy, and welcome to the forum. Smile
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Brilliant, so my m8 dave came to ur meet at the start of the month with his bug, i would have came along but i was putting my engine back in 😀 anyways he has finally talked me into going to a bigger and he said he had mentioned me and my car at the meet. I was led to believe that if i join ur group there might b a place on the club stand for my old golf 😉😉 im not a showoff but if im going down to vf at the end of the month it would b a shame to park my car in the car park with the randoms 🤗
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:24pm
I think club stand spaces are already allocated for may. You can park in the show & shine area though to stay away from the commoners in the car park.

Ben.
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:04pm
There are a lot of nice cars just come for the day and park in the car park
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:20am
Ive done it again, im not good at 1st impressions, i wrote that and thought it was fine then nobody replied then i read it again and thought i might have came of a bit of a prick 🤗 sorry about that, please let me start again.
Hi im Michael, ive got a mk1 golf cc cabrio 86 and i would like to join your club. Im taking my son down to bigger at the end of the month and until i read Bens reply i thought it was park in the stand or out in the car park, i realised that there would be a lot of nice cars there but i didnt realise that there was other areas that you could show your car, tbh ive never done anything like this before. So 😀 please tell me more about the show and shine part, do u just turn up on the day or do u have to book in advance? Also hoe do u upload an image? Tried yesterday with no joy, mick.
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:50am
If you're just coming for the day, you can just tell the guys on the gate you'd like to enter the show/shine. If you're camping, you can just drive into the show area from the camp site.

This is a little outdated now, but the process is essentially the same.

Welcome to the club, look forward to seeing some pictures. 

Ben.
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:50am
Hi Mick. The forums pretty quiet these days so late replys are normal!
There is a show and shine area you can park in, not sure if you need to prebook it, you will have to show up early though as they like to minimise traffic when there's a load of people walking around. There is a Volksfling website and Facebook that'll probably be more useful than I am!

The carpark at volksfling is full of lovely day tripper cars though, it's not full of course etc, it's not that type of show.

Also, there is a sticky somewhere that tells you how to upload pictures, it's at the start of one of the forum sections.

To join the club, you can either do it at volksfling or contact mcjules here on the forum. It tells you how to do it on the main page.

Now go figure out how to post pictures so we can all see your car! :)
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:51am
http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Edited by Bengould - 15 May 2017 at 9:52am
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Kl, i will join at the show if thats ok, dave was saying that a convoy leaves mcd's just off the moterway early doors, is it ok if i can tag along, think my other son is comming to, he has a polo, its his 1st car, vw in the blood haha
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:02pm
gayle View Drop Down
Committee Member
Committee Member
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:56am
That's the first I've heard of a convoy, that's not to say it isn't happening though! I'll stick a post up and see who else is going on saturday
Rado B View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rado B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:53am
It's a very sloooooow convoy Mick haha (overtaken by 2 artics last year) 😅
Smokin'
Vwgolfcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vwgolfcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:06am
Haha, thats kl, i could dart ahead and get some nice shots as the cars go past, what time r we meeting/leaving mcd's @?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>