West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Sales, Wants, Swaps and Freebies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD: Beetle Performance 2.0 Type 4 Engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote roflhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD: Beetle Performance 2.0 Type 4 Engine
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:47pm
For sale a 2.0 Type 4 VW engine removed from my 1968 beetle.

Was running perfectly, not losing oil, I've just changed to a different engine. Engine is turnkey ready to go.

Engine is a CJ code, oval port engine. Not sure of the engines mileage but in the 3 years I've owned it it's done 5000 miles.

It has a sharpbuilt upright cooling conversion kit, lightened 200mm flywheel for direct fitment into a standard Beetle gearbox. Has a stage 1 Kennedy pressure plate and standard clutch. Twin 40 kadron carbs with custom velocity stacks. I also have the standard air filters which will go with it.

Has a 009 distributor with accuspark HT leads and a Performance coil.

Exhaust is a complete stainless system designed for Type 4 into Beetle. Also has an alloy oil catch tank and plumbing to suit. It's fitted with an alternator and a recent oil filter. Engine currently has no oil in it for shipping.

Great engine with a lot of torque! Pulls like a train and was reliable too. Type 4 engines are stronger than standard Beetle engines and known to be capable of a lot more mileage without issue.

After £2650 ONO

Can arrange courier anywhere in the UK for £140

Thanks

Edited by biscuit - 06 February 2018 at 6:07pm
Pork n Cheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pork n Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 10:37am
hi, you still got the type 4 for sale..........cannot see any photos on the posting just photobucket crap.
cheers
roflhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote roflhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 3:18pm
Hi Sorry sold a while back
Pork n Cheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pork n Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2018 at 5:02am
Ok thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply