Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vw Golf 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paid member
Paid member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zane1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vw Golf 2005
    Posted: 28 July 2017 at 2:10pm
Hey peoples,

My 05 golfs bonnet has decided to no longer want to open. Have tried for a couple days to open it now and cant seem to figure it out. Iv had a look on youtube an its not much help various rather destructive methods which i dont want to do to my baby.

Any help would be much appreciated.

93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 3:38pm
Try thumping the bonnet, in the area of the catch, while pulling the release at the same time, or push down on bonnet while pulling release. If cable has detached from release handle, pull cable with pliers
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
Zane1991 View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zane1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by 93fxdl

Try thumping the bonnet, in the area of the catch, while pulling the release at the same time, or push down on bonnet while pulling release. If cable has detached from release handle, pull cable with pliers
Ttfn Glenn

Tried this a few times no good :( it had stuck before and i greased up the latch hoping it wouldn't happen again. sadly now i just broke the little lever that u pull :( 
48pop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 48pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 9:11am
I'm sure youtube has some videos involving badge removal to gain access? ???

I've also had this and greased everything up.....think I'll order the new bit now ☺
 Post Reply Post Reply