West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Restos and repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

1303 Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1303 Project
    Posted: 02 August 2017 at 9:31am
Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of a major 1303 restoration and need some help!

Part of the area at the bottom of both front inner wings (shell not chassis) is none existent so I need some pics that I can use to help me fabricate & rebuild them!

Do you have a 1303 within reasonable distance of Inverkeithing that I can come and take some pictures of?

Thanks in advance ......

Edited by Gordon H - 03 August 2017 at 9:23am
Roy-o-Boy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Jedi

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roy-o-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 6:55pm
Im in coatbridge and have a 1303, you are more than welcome to come and get some pictures,
Unfortunately im away on holiday From the 5th to the 23rd.

Gordon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 1:03am
Hi Roy-oh-Boy,
thanks for replying and the offer to let me get some pics of your 1303.

Sorry for the delay in answering - I was out and and about at the Inverkeithing Lamas Fair (lots of drink consumed!).

Just let me know when you get back from your hols and when it's convenient for me to come through and take the pics.

Cheers,
Gordon 
dth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 7:05am
Iv got a shell in my yard , not sure on the condition , ill check today, located in Tillicoultry.
Gordon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 9:06am
Hi DTH,
That would be great as this would allow me to get on a few weeks sooner!
I'd like to come along today if possible to have a look at the shell regardless - if that's ok?
Regards,
Gordon

ugo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 2:46pm
Hi there,
I am looking for a 1303 body shell in good nick as it is going to cost too much for a garage to make/replace all  the necessary parts required?
My car is in Clydesdale Classics just now being renovated....Is your shell for sale? There is a very good looking shell/car for sale down south however I would rather something local and not have to break up a perfectly decent car .
Hope this makes sense.
Regards,
Rona 
Rona MacG
Gordon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 3:40pm
Hi Rona,
Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about your dilemma.
However, I've already started my shell renovation and have most of the repair panels required to do this so I'm afraid my shell is not for sale.
I've made a start now so I'm determined to see it completed.
Wish you well with your search!
Regards,
Gordon

ugo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 6:22pm
Ah Gordon, 
Okay, thanks for replying...if I am unable to find anything I may have a fantastic, just renovated chassis for sale!!
Rona
Rona MacG
ugo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 2:04pm
Sorry Gordon , crossed wires..it is Donald who I am looking for. 
Rona
Rona MacG
dth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:41pm
Hi Gordon , sorry i never realised this had been replied to , i usually get an email , your more than welcome to come for a look , it is rough , as iv already explained to Rona , give me a shout on 07736008539 , cheers Donald
Gordon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 11:10am
Hi Roy-o-Boy,

Hope you had a good holiday. 

I got some pics of a scrap 1303 that Donald of DTH kindly gave me access to on Tuesday but I'd still like to come and get some pics of your 1303 if that's ok?

Could you give me call or text on 07786823579 to sort out a suitable date/time?

Cheers the noo!
Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply