West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

9n3 GTI Remap/Mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 9n3GTI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9n3 GTI Remap/Mods
    Posted: 28 August 2017 at 4:04pm

Afternoon all I have just recently purchased a 2007 9n3 GTI after owning a 6n2,  the previous owner told me that he had the car remapped but cant remember the name of the garage or what map was put on it, all he said was the only option he had at the time was optimise it for standard fuel or high octane and he choose high octane, the guy suggested that it would bump up the circa to 200bhp after the remap.

The issue I am currently having is the vehicle is currently fully standard apart from the remap that I am aware of, however when i drop the car into 4th gear and accelerate it feels as if it also takes a minute to realise i have put the foot down and seem likes it misfires before picking up speed, I have felt it once or twice in 3rd but it is almost everytime in 4th I feel it. Could this be related to the car being remapped or could it be something as simple as plugs? 

Also wondering what mods most people start off with, I have been told to do miltek exhuast, SFS oversize turbo intake pipe, forge throttle body hose, airtec fmic, forge 007 diverter valve, secondary air intake delete and to delete N valves. 

Is this the usual mods and if so what order do most people do them in and what are the benefits of these mods?

Also any links to buy these mods + guides on doing them?  

Thanks

93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 4:14pm
If you have just purchased the car, the best first step is a full service, cam belt if one is fitted and have the computer scanned for any fault codes.
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
9n3GTI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 9n3GTI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 4:21pm
The car was given a full service and cambelt changed a week before i bought it. thanks
rodntod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 6:49pm
Sounds like the MAF causing the spluttering before take off,but since it's been mapped you would have to run a live data check on it to be sure.
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 7:16pm
If you are coming over to club night next week I have full vagcom and can plug it in and see if it has recorded any faults.

Ben.
 Post Reply Post Reply