Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Routing Electrics in Bay Window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CampsieCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Routing Electrics in Bay Window
    Posted: 12 October 2017 at 1:45pm

I've managed to get the feed from the leisure battery in the engine compartment into the main cabin and under the rock-n-roll bed.

I've poked around but I can't work out how to get a nice clean feed up to the roof space for some LED lights.

Any suggestions?
lucky4 View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lucky4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 11:21pm
The easiest way to get a cable up near the roof space would be to go up the vent shafts on either side of the van. On the leisure battery side that would get you to the height you need. You could also run a cable across the top of the engine hatch to the vent shaft above the actual battery tray. If you put your spots on the inside of the vent shaft panel you would see no cables and have your spots.
If you wanted them nearer the front then you could probably get access via the vent shaft then along the upper ledge where some wiring from the front fuse box actually runs.
You could run a cable straight up through the rear cargo area floor then take the cable behind the side panelling to get it a bit higher but it would still be below the window level which would probably be too low for what you are looking for.
Hope this might help.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply