Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bay window bumper size.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bay window bumper size.
    Posted: 22 October 2017 at 6:51pm
Random question but would somebody please measure the height of their late model Bay window bumper please?

I need to know the outer dimension of a front or rear bumper from the top edge to the bottom edge.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
lucky4 View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote lucky4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 10:44pm
Dave, just saw your post. Will measure front and rear bumpers tomorrow. Are the bumpers the ones with the four fixing bolts horizontal or the Brasil type with the bolts one above the other. Mine are the horizontal type. Think they are the same size as the Brasil type.
John
Dave Campbell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 10:47pm
it's the horizontal type mate. I have an unidentified over rider and can't remember if they are bay or type 3. 
Cheers,
Dave. 
lucky4 View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote lucky4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 10:28pm
Hi Dave, measured the bumpers. They were both the same. Outside was 115mm and the inside was wider at about 138mm.
Hope this helps.
John
gayle View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 10:17am
I gave you beetle overriders many moons ago, just to add more confusion in to the mix :)
Highly medicated for the safety of the masses
Dave Campbell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 5:52pm
I think that's what I have o the back of the type3 as the NOS set I got from Canada were a pair of fronts and 2 left rears. 
I think this set I found were from a US van but I no longer have a van or van bumper to check. 
 Post Reply Post Reply