West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Body work and Sanding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AngusTheCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body work and Sanding
    Posted: 30 October 2017 at 3:59pm
I'm about to do ALOT of welding and body work on a VW T25, I've got a friend of mine coming to teach me all the welding but I need recommendations for a sand blaster that is worth investing in? Anyone have any recommendations?
Rusty Rumbling Roaming Angus
rodntod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 6:10pm
What areas are you needing blasted?Where are you,as i normally get a couple of guys in who do it on a mobile basis.If you are gonna do it yourself there are a few pot types on ebay for under a hundred quid,but you will need a decent compressor with a good sized tank to do the job.
Hope this helps

Ed
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
AngusTheCamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AngusTheCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 1:34am
I'm have a unit in a business park just outside of perth, I have a fairly decent compressor already that I use for dive tanks and charging Air rifles, I can find lots of instructional videos about how to do it online but no recomendations for equipment, it is mainly body work but there are one or two structural pieces that have been welded poorly in the past and need re-done now including the passenger footwell which is heavily rusted and one of the front supports for the bumber which has been poorly spot welded a while ago and needs redone, I'm hopimg this is the first of many projects so want to learm and get good with the right equipment
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 8:01am
On a slightly unrelated note, I don't suppose you would know where I can get a small dive tank that is not an extortionate price. I have been looking for one for charging my air rifle for a while but they all seem to be quite expensive. Don't mind second hand, just reasonably cheap.

Ben.
AngusTheCamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AngusTheCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:30am
I think my brother has one sitting in his shed, I'll give him a call this afternoon and see if he would be willing to sell it as he is moving to Canada shortly
BenGould View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Committee Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenGould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:54am
That would be great.

Cheers

Ben.
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 1:42pm
I wrote many words about blasting in reply to this, and the internet gods were hungry, and ate it all
Will repost later or if you are at the club meet can give you the info
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
 Post Reply Post Reply