West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > West of Scotland VW Club Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New member in need of help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote alanj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member in need of help
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:48am
Hi all, I'm new to all this and need some help and advice, I have a 1973 t2 camper and I'm having carb and alternator problems, the engine is a 2000cc air cooled, the battery is new but not charging can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. Many thanks Alanj.
alanj
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 12:42pm
Alternator problems just need chasing with a multimeter, but first check is the warning light. This provides power to energize the alternator, if the light does not come on them no power is going through to get things started, if the light is working then check the connections between alternator and battery and battery to body and to starter.
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
alanj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alanj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 1:48pm
Thanks for getting back to me Glenn, I’m not very hands on with this, is there a list of garages I could call? Cheers Alanj
alanj
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 1:56pm
Whereabouts are you? I may be able to look at it for you
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
alanj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alanj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:06pm
Hi Glenn I’m in Prestwick south Ayrshire.
alanj
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:19pm
Will be passing about 4.30 today can call by and take a look of it suits you, just message me contact details
Ttfn Glenn
alanj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alanj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:55pm
Hi Glenn that would be great thanks, my address is 97 St Quivox Road, Prestwick KA9 2ER. Cheers Alanj.
alanj
 Post Reply Post Reply