West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > West of Scotland VW Club Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

is this a fair price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dmcjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is this a fair price?
    Posted: 07 January 2007 at 6:53am
 ive been doing a bit of web bashing to try to find cab doors for my bay(im happy to say its not far away from getting painted).google put me in the direction of vw relics who are selling "rust free" doors for 145 each with free delivery till the end of january. is there anywhere else i can look or is this a good deal?
Dave Campbell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:33am
That sounds not bad as most rust free doors are around 120-140 depending on condition and fittings.
Make sure you get ones with no dents but. Dents can be as hard to fix as rust and ask what fittings they come with (lock mechs, windows, 1/4 lights etc).
I think herritage do brand new doors for about that price as well.
Dave.
scottmac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote scottmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:54am
Aye vw heritage are doing 2 brand new cab doors complete with all seals for 299 at the mo
Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around
panzer coop View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote panzer coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 11:55am
yeah but heritage aint german steel , prob brazil washin machines - if u can hold off to dubfreeze you'll get a good pair there plus u can see what ur gettin, i paid bout 120 a door straight from cali plus u can usually get them with opening 1/4s
slammed 72 bay & 71 Trekker

dmcjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dmcjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:33pm
 was thinking about the vw heritage ones, seems like a smashing deal with everything included ,but i read somewhere either on here or vzi that they dont last too long . plus the shape is different they have a bulge above the arch.  going to go for rust free onces just need to have a think about if im going to wait till dubfreeze or just get them from vw relics.thanks for the advice and ive got some pics to add to the resto section.
scottmac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote scottmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 10:39am
Hertage do both styles of doors the correct shape for earlier buses and the more modern door with the bulge line above the arch for the brazilian buses.
  Me i opted for the import doors coz they are certainly made of a heavier grade of steel and like mentioned above, they came with the oepning quarters already fitted 
Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around
AULDBUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AULDBUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 12:12pm
Well as i was in this very similar position 18-20 months ago i feel i can stand you in good steed................
I got 2 rust free doors inc. delivery from "NICK" @ A company i think it was called "CALAFORNIA IMPORTS" ........ nice fair guy to deal with!!!!!!
his contact numers are    02085683837 or 07831548930
The doors i recived were complete with opening 1/4 lights/door cards/handles&winders
i think i paid 270 for pair......................GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! JamesThumbs%20Up
oorwullie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote oorwullie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 12:30pm
still quite a lot here(among other stuff), but that's no much help!Wink
dmcjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dmcjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:23pm
 i gave the guy from cali imports a call today,i think i called just about everyone. his is a fair price so might ordering them from him,just need to wait till the end of the week till he can see whats in his new container.thanks again for advice and sorry for being a bit of a snob.i just want them to last.
Milkybar Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milkybar Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:54am

your not bein a snob mate, this is your pride and joy your talkin about!!!

Post Reply Post Reply