Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Restos and repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The type 3 resto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Paid member
Paid member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The type 3 resto
    Posted: 20 April 2014 at 10:35pm
Looks sweet Dave, fresh as a daisy seven years on Thumbs Up.How are you gettin on with the bug?

Ed
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
Dave Campbell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2014 at 10:41pm
Not done anything with the bug recently. Because I had to move it I crammed it into the garage then winter came. Plan to get started back this summer.
McRod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote McRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2014 at 8:29am
Looks gorgeous Dave.

I always drool over it at the Biggar shows and then walk away wondering whatever happened to Mick.

A couple of bubbles after 7 years is a damned good result.

Great to see it out and getting used.
1966 Split Screen Canterbury Pitt
1969 1300 Beetle
1970 Early Bay Window Devon
1974 Westfalia Continental
1989 T25 Panel
2012 T5 Twin Slider Kombi.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 1:52pm
Cheers Rod. I text Mick recently, he is hoping to have his most recent project finished and unveiled this year.

I thought I had allready posted this but must have been dreaming, here is the driving experience;

Dave

1967_vw View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1967_vw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 2:00pm
Dave - what shade of green is that? Elm? Delta? Sumatra?

It's looking fabulous. Smile

Kev.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 2:11pm
Cheers Kev, Its Elm green.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:13pm
My Type 3 fastback had started developing an exhaust leak at the end of last summer and I had intended doing a top end overhaul over winter.

The overhaul didnt happen but show season is starting so I thought I better at least tackle the horrible sounding leak.

Thinking I was going to have to use one of my NOS heat exchangers I have saved for the engine rebuild I was pleasantly surprised to see it was just a blanking plate that had failed.

Plate off and some weld down the hole, didnt even need to take the engine out.

Bit of a bodge but job done. It sounds MUCH better, no more flames licking the carburettor and it will be fine until I get to that top end overhaul.

Also treated it to a new set of boots as the only advisory on the MOT was for perished tyres.

Once off the car it was clear the old tyres were well past their best even though they had plenty of tread.

Dave.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:39pm
Two things have struck me today.

In June it will be 10 years since my wee fasty was hit by the bin lorry.........10 fecking years!!!!! Where did the time go?

So I dug it out this week to get it ready for its MOT test on Friday and the next thing that struck me was the odometer. Since the MOT last year I have covered a grand total of......... 8 miles! 

I really must use it more or get it sold but it does look good out in the sun (even if the bumpers could do with a re-chrome);

I will update with the MOT results on Friday.

Dave.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Not really a surprise given how few miles it has covered but thats the Fasty MOT'd for another year.

beetlesi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beetlesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:00am
Superb Dave :)

Is it going to Biggar?
McRod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote McRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 9:52am
Nice one Dave. 
1966 Split Screen Canterbury Pitt
1969 1300 Beetle
1970 Early Bay Window Devon
1974 Westfalia Continental
1989 T25 Panel
2012 T5 Twin Slider Kombi.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 11:31am
Just making sure these are both comfy before they get to come back out in the spring;

I think this year will be my last year of ownership for the fasty. I have my eyes set on something else so if you think you would like to take on this beauty, let me know.

Dave
marky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote marky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 9:06am
Its a beautiful car 👍🏼
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213