West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Restos and repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best repair panels for Bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Burgbusboyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best repair panels for Bay
    Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:04am
Needing to weld in new battery tray, lower rear corner and maybe sills. Have used Schofield and JK panels in the past. Who is making/supplying the best quality/fit panels at the mo for late bays ?
ST5CKY View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ST5CKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 6:48pm
... Have never bought from either but recently, Jean, our treasurer , arranged a 5% discount on all purchases with Schoefield for members..
ALBA GU BRATH
Jeanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 7:30pm
Just call Schofield tell them you are a member of the club and give your club number. 
 Simples LOL
doods the punk View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote doods the punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 8:08pm
i use custom and comercial  they are very good dont charge postage on orders over 25 quid or there abouts
doods dubs 07971139618 resto specalist

river tay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote river tay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:36pm

JK have always been easy to deal with, good website and delivery, however there are soooooo many people selling VW parts now, it might be good to do price checks before buying

73 Camper
73 GT Beetle
v-worx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote v-worx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 10:52pm
i dont let price lead me on panels quality is most important. im with doods on this 1 custom an comercial are tip-top they fit better have next to no tooling marks and the return flanges have square edges rather than round .
rust is not the enemy in my line of work..........have you ever tried to weld a turd i do most days..........
leeco10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leeco10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 6:01pm
Autocraft eng, all the way.
Burgbusboyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Burgbusboyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 7:44pm
Thanks for all the feedback. Heard of autocrafts quality but they only make 2 Bay repair panels, predominately splitty.
 Post Reply Post Reply